Easy Chili Mole
This is a much easier, yet equally tasty, version of the typical long-cooking authentic Mexican main. This mole is made with beef, tomatoes and chili beans, ready in just 30 minutes. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 package (1.25 oz) Tex-Mex chili seasoning mix
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) spicy chili beans, undrained
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 8 soft corn tortillas (6 inch)
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix, both tomatoes and beans. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, to blend flavors. Stir in chocolate just until melted. Serve with tortillas.
- Regular chili seasoning mix and 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño chile can be substituted for the Tex-Mex seasoning mix.
- Serve with a crisp green salad and warm wedges of cornbread instead of the tortillas.