Easy Elote Dip
Prep 10 Minutes
Total Time 10 Minutes
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen corn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon from 1 container (6.25 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
Serve with, as desired
- Tortilla chips
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Crumbled queso fresco or cotija cheese
Recipe Continues Below
- Microwave frozen corn as directed on bag. In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, taco seasoning mix and chiles.
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, cook corn and mayonnaise mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through and thickened. Pour into bowl, and add toppings. Serve with chips.
- The word "elote" means "corn cob" in Spanish. A popular Mexican street food, elote typically consists of grilled sweet corn served on a stick and slathered with toppings like mayo, crumbled cheese, chili powder and lime juice.
- Craving even more toppings? Sliced green onions, hot sauce and Mexican crema all make great garnishes for this simple elote dip recipe.
- For even more flair, try sprinkling ground red pepper on the elote dip before serving.
- 1 Serving Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 280mg; Potassium 130mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet