Easy Enfrijoladas Bake
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa (any variety)
- 2 cups finely shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Soft Tacos and Fajitas (10 count)
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- In blender, add beans, chiles and salsa. Cover; blend 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth. Pour bean sauce into 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Using tongs, dip both sides of tortilla into sauce. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese in center; fold in half, then in half again. Repeat with remaining tortillas, overlapping in dish. Pour remaining sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Serve with Make it FRESH toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: fresh cilantro leaves, green onions, sour cream, jalapeños, sliced avocados
- Pair with your favorite protein to make a complete meal.
- 1 Serving Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 170); Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 10g ,Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 1420mg; Potassium 60mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 4g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 17g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 35%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet