Easy Enfrijoladas Bake
Say En-free-ho-la-dahs--delicious Mexican comfort food that is similar to enchiladas, except the beans are on the outside in a creamy bean sauce.
15 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa (any variety)
- 2 cups finely shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inches)
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- In blender, add beans, chiles and salsa. Cover; blend 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth. Pour bean sauce into 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Using tongs, dip both sides of tortilla into sauce. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese in center; fold in half, then in half again. Repeat with remaining tortillas, overlapping in dish. Pour remaining sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Serve with Make it FRESH toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: fresh cilantro leaves, green onions, sour cream, jalapeños, sliced avocados.
- Pair with your favorite protein to make a complete meal.
NutritionCalories400(Calories from Fat170),Total Fat19g(Saturated Fat10g,Trans Fat1 1/2g),Cholesterol45mgSodium1420mgTotal Carbohydrate41g(Dietary Fiber4g Sugars3g),Protein17g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C6%;Calcium35%;Iron10%; Exchanges:2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.