Easy Grilled Chicken Street Tacos
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Asado Chicken Street Taco Kit
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large bowl, mix oil and seasoning mix (from taco kit) until smooth. Add chicken; turn to coat.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Let stand 5 minutes; thinly slice crosswise.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas (from taco kit) as directed on package. Divide cabbage among heated tortillas; top with chicken, creamy jalapeño sauce (from taco kit), queso fresco and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- You can heat the tortillas on the grill, too! Wrap 6 tortillas in a 12x12-inch piece of foil; repeat with the remaining 6 tortillas — place tortillas on grill over medium heat. Cover; cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning each foil pack once, until heated.
- Make it your own! Top grilled chicken street tacos with thinly sliced radishes, diced tomato, sliced ripe avocado or sliced fresh jalapeño.
- We tested with 3 (5- to 6-oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, but chicken breast sizes vary. If your chicken breasts are larger or smaller, adjust grilling time accordingly. If chicken breasts are huge, you may want to reduce the grill temperature to medium-low (about 325°F) after turning. They will take longer to cook all the way through, but there’s less risk of burning.
1 Serving (3 Tacos) Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 960mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g); Protein 34g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 20%; Iron 20%;
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 3 1/2 Lean Meat, 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2