Easy Ground Pork Tacos al Pastor
Have classic tacos al pastor for dinner any time with this shortcut method using easy and affordable ground pork.
25 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Al Pastor Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (4 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup sour cream, if desired
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; do not drain.
- Stir in pineapple and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide pork among heated taco shells; top with cheese, cabbage, sour cream, onion and cilantro.
- Save even more time by opting for preshredded red cabbage.
- Want more toppings? Try sliced radishes, sliced jalapeño, or drizzle with your favorite hot sauce.
Nutrition10 servings (1 taco each)
1 Taco Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 280mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g); Protein 12g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1