Easy Ground Pork Tacos al Pastor
Prep 25 Minutes
Total Time 25 Minutes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Al Pastor Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (4 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup sour cream, if desired
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; do not drain.
- Stir in pineapple and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide pork among heated taco shells; top with cheese, cabbage, sour cream, onion and cilantro.
- Save even more time by opting for pre-shredded red cabbage when picking up ingredients for this al pastor tacos recipe.
- Want even more toppings? Try sliced radishes or sliced jalapeños, or drizzle your ground pork tacos with your favorite hot sauce.
- 1 Taco Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 6g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 280mg; Potassium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 5g); Protein 12g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet