Easy Jerk Chicken Tacos
Want the fresh flavors of island fare but can’t take a trip to the Caribbean? Try these easy Jerk chicken tacos, loaded with fruit, veggies and warm Jamaican spices.
30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Caribbean Inspired Jerk World Taco Kit
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup peeled, diced mango
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- Stir in water and seasoning mix (from taco kit); heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 1 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- While chicken is cooking, heat tortillas (from taco kit) as directed on package. Divide chicken among tortillas, and drizzle with sauce (from taco kit). Top with cabbage, bell pepper, mango, onion and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- For best results, pat chicken slices dry before adding to hot skillet.
- No fresh mango? Diced pineapple makes a nice substitute.
Nutrition1 Taco Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 320mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g); Protein 12g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1