Easy Korean Barbecue Beef Tacos
Get the fresh, rich flavors of Korean barbecue without the hassle with these easy ground beef tacos.
25 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Korean Inspired Barbecue World Taco Kit
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in water and seasoning mix (from taco kit); heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 1 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- While beef is cooking, heat tortillas (from taco kit) as directed on package. Divide cheese among tortillas; top with beef, and drizzle with sauce (from taco kit). Top with cabbage, carrot, green onions and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Like it hot? Top with some chopped spicy kimchi.
- Shredded Napa cabbage or lettuce make nice substitutes for the red cabbage.
Nutrition1 Taco Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 460mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g); Protein 12g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1