Easy Layered Beef Enchiladas
Looking for a Mexican-style dinner made using Old El Paso® Chopped Green Chiles and Old El Paso® Enchilada Sauce? Then check out these beef enchiladas that are ready in 45 minutes.
20 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10-oz.) cans Old El Paso™ Enchilada Sauce
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large nonstick skillet, cook ground beef, onions and garlic until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Add green chiles, salt and pepper; mix well. Remove from heat.
- Pour 1 can of the enchilada sauce in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Arrange 4 tortillas in dish, overlapping slightly. Spoon beef mixture evenly over tortillas; top with remaining 4 tortillas. Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with sour cream.
NutritionCalories360(Calories from Fat180),Total Fat20g(Saturated Fat10g,),Cholesterol70mgSodium900mgTotal Carbohydrate27g(Dietary Fiber4g Sugars6g),Protein22g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A20%;Vitamin C18%;Calcium24%;Iron16%; Exchanges:2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 High-Fat Meat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.