Easy Mexican Chicken and Beans
You can feel extra good about serving this easy dish for dinner tonight. It has a whopping 9 grams of fiber per serving!
30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 lb uncooked chicken breast strips for stir-fry
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- Flour tortillas, if desired
- Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken to skillet; cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- Stir in seasoning mix, beans, corn and water. Cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with tortillas.
- Boost your fiber with beans. Filled with many other important nutrients, beans are an excellent source of fiber that's so important for good blood glucose management and to keep your digestive tract moving.
- Stir-fry chicken strips not available? Buy the same weight of boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, and cut up the meat yourself.
- If you'd prefer, pinto beans can be substituted for the black beans.