Easy Mexican Chicken and Beans
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 lb chicken breast strips for stir-fry
- 1 envelope (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) black or pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- Tortillas, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in skillet 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- Stir in seasoning mix, beans, corn and water. Cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with tortillas.
- Filled with many other important nutrients, beans are an excellent source of fiber.
- Stir-fry chicken strips not available? Buy the same weight of boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, and cut up the meat yourself.
- If you'd prefer, pinto beans can be substituted for the black beans.
- 1 Serving Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 1210mg; Potassium 660mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 7g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 34g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 8%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 4 Very Lean Meat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet