Easy Mexican Chicken and Beans
- 1 lb chicken breast strips for stir-fry
- 1 envelope (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) black or pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- Tortillas, if desired
- Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in skillet 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- Stir in seasoning mix, beans, corn and water. Cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with tortillas.
- Kitchen Tip Filled with many other important nutrients, beans are an excellent source of fiber that's important for good blood glucose management.
1 Serving Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 1210mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 4g); Protein 34g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 8%; Iron 25%;
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch, 4 Very Lean Meat,
Carbohydrate Choices: 2