Easy Oven-Baked Beef Tacos
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 35 Minutes
- 1 package (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ taco shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion (1/2 cup)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (5 oz)
Serve with, if desired
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomato
- Sliced jalapeño chiles
- Chopped red onion
- Lime wedges
- Cilantro leaves
- Sour cream
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Place taco shells standing up and together in dish; set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, spread about 2 tablespoons refried beans in bottom of each shell. Top each with heaping 1/4 cup beef mixture and 2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining ingredients, if desired.
- Make it bold! Try other varieties of Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff taco shells, like bold ranch, bold spicy Cheddar or bold nacho cheese.
- Make these tacos a complete meal by adding a side of your favorite rice, such as cilantro-lime rice. Simply cook rice as desired; stir in fresh cilantro leaves and freshly squeezed lime juice with a dash of salt. Delicious!
- 1 Taco Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 8g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 500mg; Potassium 105mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 14g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet