Easy Oven-Baked Beef Tacos
- 1 package (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ taco shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion (1/2 cup)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (5 oz)
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sliced jalapeño chiles, chopped red onion, lime wedges, cilantro leaves, salsa, guacamole and sour cream, if desired Save $
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Place taco shells standing up and together in dish; set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, spread about 2 tablespoons refried beans in bottom of each shell. Top each with heaping 1/4 cup beef mixture and 2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining ingredients, if desired.
- Make it bold! Try other varieties of Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff taco shells, like bold ranch, bold spicy Cheddar or bold nacho cheese.
- Make these tacos a complete meal by adding a side of your favorite rice, such as cilantro-lime rice. Simply cook rice as desired; stir in fresh cilantro leaves and freshly squeezed lime juice with a dash of salt. Delicious!
Serving Size: 1 Taco
Calories250(Calories from Fat120),Total Fat14g(Saturated Fat8g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol40mg;Sodium500mg;Total Carbohydrate316g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars0g),Protein14g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A6%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium10%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.