Easy Oven-Baked Chicken Fajitas
Prep 10 Minutes
Total 50 Minutes
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ fajita seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 9 tortillas from 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Soft Tacos and Fajitas (10 count)
- Sour Cream
- Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- Chopped fresh cilantro
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cut onion and bell pepper into even slices; place in baking dish.
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips; add to vegetables in dish. Sprinkle with seasoning mix; drizzle with oil. Stir until combined and pieces are coated.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Spoon small amount of chicken and veggies onto each tortilla. Top each with sour cream, salsa and cilantro, or your favorite fajita toppings.
- Use any color of bell pepper you prefer in this oven-baked fajitas recipe.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice over the baked chicken and veggies for some extra flavor.
- Try serving these baked chicken fajitas with cooked white or Mexican rice, guacamole, heated refried beans, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa and cilantro.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet