Easy Queso Blanco
15 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 oz white American cheese slices, diced
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (2 oz)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1/3 cup seeded, chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, if desired
- 8 cups tortilla chips, as desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat milk, cheese slices and shredded cheese over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- Stir in green chiles and tomatoes; continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Top with onions. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Six ounces Kraft™ Velveeta™ queso blanco cheese can be substituted for the white American cheese.
- For extra color and flavor, top finished Easy Queso Blanco dip with additional diced tomatoes and chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
- Like it hot? Substitute Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Cheese Blend for the Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend in your homemade queso blanco.
About 1/4 Cup Dip Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 570mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g); Protein 8g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 30%; Iron 6%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 High-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1.5