Easy Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
These saucy chicken enchiladas are filled with green chiles and cheese and drizzled with Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde sauce. They’re easy to throw together for a quick weeknight dinner.
15 Minutes Prep
40 Minutes Total
- 2 1/2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas, 6 inch
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (8 oz)
- 1/3 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped plum (Roma) tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat chicken, 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and the chiles to simmering over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Wrap tortillas tightly around filling, placing seam side down in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving; drizzle with sauce. Top with tomatoes and green onions.
- Try adding chopped jalapeños to the chicken mixture, in addition to the chopped green chiles, for some added spicy heat.
- Chopped cilantro is a great fresh topper addition.
Nutrition5 servings (2 enchiladas each)
1 Serving Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 260); Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 110mg; Sodium 1550mg; Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g); Protein 32g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 35%; Iron 15%;
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch, 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 3 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2.5