Easy Shredded Chicken Tacos
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 50 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells, heated as directed on package
- 1 1/4 cups Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (5 oz)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side to brown.
- Add enough water to skillet to come two-thirds of the way up sides of chicken; cover skillet tightly. Reduce heat to low; cook 13 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, tender and easy to shred. Cool 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board; shred with two forks. Discard cooking liquid.
- Return shredded chicken to skillet. Stir in 2/3 cup water and the taco seasoning mix; cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is heated through and sauce is thickened.
- Divide warmed chicken mixture among heated taco shells. Top with cheese, radishes, sauce and cilantro.
- Try topping your easy chicken tacos with chopped green onions, tomatoes and guacamole.
- For best results, pat chicken breasts dry before adding to hot skillet.
- Be sure to use a skillet with a tight cover, which helps keep the chicken moist while cooking.
- Swap Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Blend Cheese for the Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend to give your simple chicken tacos some additional heat.
- 2 Tacos Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 220); Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 9g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 870mg; Potassium 210mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 28g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 25%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 3 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet