Easy Taco Bean Dip
This quick and easy dip will be your family’s new favorite go-to bean dip with cheesy goodness, taco meat, beans and salsa.
15 Minutes Prep
15 Minutes Total
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa (any variety)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
- Tortilla chips, as desired
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Cook until beef is coated with seasoning, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, chiles, salsa and cheese. Cook over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately with tortilla chips and Make it FRESH toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: diced tomatoes, avocado, sliced green onions, sour cream.
- In a pinch, substitute Cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack for Mexican cheese blend.
NutritionCalories35(Calories from Fat20),Total Fat2g(Saturated Fat1g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol10mgSodium115mgTotal Carbohydrate2g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars0g),Protein2g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A0%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium2%;Iron0%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:0
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.