Easy Taco Casserole
A bed of tortilla chips holds taco-seasoned meat, beans and cheese in this easy-to-make, easy-to-bake pleaser.
20 Minutes Prep
50 Minutes Total
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ 40% less sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
- 8 medium green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- Additional tortilla chips, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat to medium; heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- In ungreased 1 1/2- to 2-quart casserole, place tortilla chips. Top evenly with beef mixture. Sprinkle with onions, tomato and cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Arrange additional tortilla chips around edge of casserole.
- This casserole can be assembled the day before and refrigerated. Slightly longer bake time may be needed to heat thoroughly.
NutritionCalories520(Calories from Fat230),Total Fat26g(Saturated Fat10g,Trans Fat1g),Cholesterol80mgSodium1610mgTotal Carbohydrate43g(Dietary Fiber6g Sugars6g),Protein29g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A20%;Vitamin C15%;Calcium20%;Iron30%; Exchanges:2 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.