Easy Teriyaki Chicken Tacos
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Japanese Inspired Teriyaki World Taco Kit
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- Stir in water and seasoning mix (from taco kit); heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 1 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- While chicken is cooking, heat tortillas (from taco kit) as directed on package. Divide chicken among tortillas, and drizzle with sauce (from taco kit). Top with cabbage, carrot, avocado, green onions and cilantro.
- For best results, pat chicken slices dry before adding to hot skillet.
- Shredded lettuce makes a nice substitute for the cabbage.
1 Taco Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 390mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g); Protein 12g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1