This enchilada soup packs a punch when Old El Paso® products are added. A Mexican dinner that's ready for cooking in 10 minutes.
10 Minutes Prep
8 Hours 10 Minutes Total
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 can (19 oz) Old El Paso™ mild or hot enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped mild green chiles
- 1 package (20 oz) bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen corn, thawed, drained
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Crushed tortilla chips, if desired
- Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix broth, enchilada sauce and chiles. Place chicken into enchilada sauce mixture; spoon sauce over chicken.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker with slotted spoon. Stir beans and corn into mixture in cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 5 to 10 minutes longer. Meanwhile, shred chicken by pulling apart with 2 forks; return to cooker. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Top each serving with cheese, cilantro and tortilla chips.
- Transfer corn from freezer to refrigerator when chicken starts to cook. It will be completely thawed by the time it is added to the slow cooker.
- Vary the heat in this soup by using mild or hot enchilada sauce and serving with red pepper sauce on the side.
NutritionCalories230(Calories from Fat25),Total Fat3g(Saturated Fat1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol40mgSodium940mgTotal Carbohydrate30g(Dietary Fiber7g Sugars4g),Protein21g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A6%;Vitamin C8%;Calcium6%;Iron15%; Exchanges:2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.