Everything Green Sauce
Prep 10 Minutes
Total 10 Minutes
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves, lightly packed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup salted roasted pepitas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped serrano chile, stem, seeds and membranes removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Recipe Continues Below
- In blender, place all ingredients. Cover and blend on high speed 30 to 60 seconds, scraping down blender once, until smooth.
- Be sure to scrape down sides of blender with rubber spatula as needed to make sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pepita is another name for pumpkin seed--a popular snack in Mexican cuisine found in most grocery and specialty stores.
1 Serving: Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 100mg; Potassium 95mg; Total Carbohydrate 2g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 1g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0% Exchanges: 1/2 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 0