Flank Steak Taco Bowls with Mango Salsa
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1 beef flank steak (1 1/4 lb), trimmed of excess fat
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ soft tortilla bowls, heated as directed on package
- 1 ripe large mango, seed removed, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded and chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle taco seasoning mix over both sides of flank steak, pressing to coat. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until brown. Place steak in foil-lined pan. Roast 15 to 18 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of steak reads 145°F. Remove from oven; let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix mango, fresh lime juice, jalapeño chile, red onion and cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut steak against the grain into thin slices. Divide steak among heated soft tortilla bowls. Top each with about 1/4 cup of salsa. Top with sour cream if desired.
- Resting the steak after cooking is essential for tender and moist results.
- The mango salsa is very versatile. Try over chicken or salmon.
2 Taco Bowls Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 850mg; Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 12g); Protein 38g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 30%; Calcium 8%; Iron 30%;
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Fruit, 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 4 Lean Meat,
Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Relax Responsibly. Corona Refresca™ Malt Beverage with Fruit Flavors. Imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, IL