Fritos® Chili Taco Bowls
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 35 Minutes
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 packages (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Bowls (8 Count)
- 2 cup Fritos® corn chips
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
Recipe Continues Below
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook beef, onions and garlic over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix, chili powder, canned tomatoes and beans.
- Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat just enough so mixture bubbles gently. Cook uncovered 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick.
- Spoon chili into warm tortilla bowls; top with remaining ingredients
- Chopped red onion also makes a lovely garnish for these Frito Chili Taco Bowls.
- If you like your chili spicy, feel free to add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) along with the chili powder to this recipe.
- A creamy dollop of Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana Sour Cream makes a cooling topping to these Frito Chili Taco Bowls.
- Looking for more beef taco bowl recipes? Try our recipes for Bacon Cheeseburger Mini Taco Bowls™ and Beef Chimichanga Taco Bowls™.
- 1 Taco Bowl Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 450mg; Potassium 210mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 10g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet