Prep 15 Minutes
Total 15 Minutes
- 6 oz light prepared cheese product, cut into cubes (from 16 oz loaf)
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
- 3 tablespoons fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons from 1 container (6.25 oz) Old El Paso™ 25% Less Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3 oz baked bite-size tortilla chips (about 64 chips)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped plum (Roma) tomatoes (about 5 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Recipe Continues Below
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat cheese product, Cheddar cheese, milk and taco seasoning mix over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until cheeses are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Meanwhile, arrange chips on large serving platter. Pour warm cheese mixture over chips. Top with tomatoes and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- For a fun presentation, vary the color of tortilla chips you use. Choose among red, green white, yellow and blue tortilla chips.
- 1 Serving Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 440mg; Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 7g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 15%; Iron 0%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet