Prep 25 Minutes
Total Time 25 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (14 oz) fully cooked bratwurst, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Bowls (8 Count), heated as directed on package
- 3/4 cup from 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style Taco Cheese Blend
- 1/2 cup from 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso Sauce
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bratwurst, onion and bell peppers. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender and bratwurst is heated through.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Spoon bratwurst and vegetables into tortilla bowls. Top each bowl with shredded cheese, queso sauce and cilantro.
- Use your own favorite variety of shredded cheese for topping.
- This recipe uses Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso Sauce, but our Spicy Queso Blanco Sauce also tastes top-notch when drizzled across the top of the bowl.
- Serve bowls with other fresh toppings, like chopped tomatoes, avocado and pico de gallo, so everyone can make it their own.
- 1 Serving Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 220); Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 8g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 1080mg; Potassium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 10g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet