Grands!™ Taco Monkey Bread
No one will be able to resist this clever, savory take on monkey bread! Blogger Brooke McLay from Cheeky Kitchen creates Viva la Taco Monkey Bread pairing spicy taco meat and sharp Cheddar cheese tossed with Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits to make this easy, delicious recipe. By Pillsbury Kitchens
20 Minutes Prep
40 Minutes Total
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Original biscuits
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 medium lime, squeezed (1 to 2 tablespoons juice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef with taco seasoning mix over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; set aside.
- Separate each can of dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into quarters. In large bowl, toss biscuit pieces with cooked ground beef and Cheddar cheese. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, toss tomato, onion, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Cool bread in pan 5 minutes. Place lettuce on serving plate. Invert bread onto plate over lettuce.
- Top with sour cream and tomato-avocado mixture. Serve immediately.
- You’ll need a pile of napkins to wipe your fingers…they’re going to get messy Tastes Like Chicken. Substitute shredded chicken for the ground beef in this recipe for a great flavor twist!
- Top it Off! Don't feel limited in your toppings for this recipe! Feel free to add your favorite salsa, hot sauce, or other taco garnishes for a totally delicious meal or snack.