- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Original biscuits
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 medium lime, squeezed (1 to 2 tablespoons juice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Step 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Step 2 In 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef with taco seasoning mix over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; set aside.
Step 3 Separate each can of dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into quarters. In large bowl, toss biscuit pieces with cooked ground beef and Cheddar cheese. Pour into loaf pan.
Step 4 Bake 35 minutes or until dark golden brown.
Step 5 Meanwhile, in medium bowl, toss tomato, onion, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
Step 6 Cool bread in pan 5 minutes. Place lettuce on serving plate. Invert bread onto plate over lettuce.
Step 7 Top with sour cream and tomato-avocado mixture. Serve immediately.
Expert TipsYou’ll need a pile of napkins to wipe your fingers…they’re going to get messy
Tastes Like Chicken. Substitute shredded chicken for the ground beef in this recipe for a great flavor twist!
Top it Off! Don't feel limited in your toppings for this recipe! Feel free to add your favorite salsa, hot sauce, or other taco garnishes for a totally delicious meal or snack.