Green Chile and Roasted Tomato Guacamole
Prep 10 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large ripe Avocados from Mexico™
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Recipe Continues Below
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place grape tomatoes on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Roast until tomatoes are juicy and start to pop, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Cut each avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado flesh in a bowl. Smash avocado with a fork until desired consistency.
- Add the green chiles, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, and cotija cheese. Gently stir in the roasted tomatoes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- Make sure you choose ripe avocados to make the guacamole.
- This guacamole is best the day it is made.
- This guacamole recipe is easy to make and is great as an appetizer, snack, or served along side your favorite Mexican dish! Old El Paso’s green chiles give the guacamole a great flavor and the roasted tomatoes add a pop of color and freshness!
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet