Grilled Cheesy Olive Bread
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 20 Minutes
- 2 cups shredded American and Cheddar cheese blend (8 ounces)
- 1 jar (5 ounces) olive-pimiento cheese spread
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread, cut horizontally in half
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat coals or gas grill for indirect heat. If using charcoal grill, arrange coals around edge of firebox. Mix all ingredients except bread and olives in medium bowl.
- Place bread, cut sides down, over center of charcoal grill or over unheated side of gas grill and over medium-low heat. Cover and grill 4 to 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Remove bread to cookie sheet; spread toasted sides with cheese mixture. Cover and grill bread, cheese sides up, 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is hot and melted. Garnish with olives. Cut bread into slices to serve.
- If your grill is full, or you don't want to light it up, just broil the bread in the oven instead. Before adding the cheese mixture, broil bread, cut sides up, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with the cheese mixture, then broil 2 to 3 minutes longer until cheese is hot and melted.
- Kids love cheesy bread, but if they don't care for olives and green chiles, leave them out and use plain cheese spread.
- The toasted bread can be topped, covered and refrigerated for up to 2 hours before heating it on the grill.
- 1 Serving Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 460mg; Potassium 70mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 7g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 6%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet