Grilled Crisp-Crust Pizzas
Grilled pizza? It's easy when you build pizzas on tortillas. They grill up crisp and tasty in just six minutes. By Pillsbury Kitchens
20 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
- 4 flour Old El Paso™ flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup diced tomato, well drained
- 24 (1-inch) slices pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. On ungreased cookie sheets, place tortillas. Brush with oil. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Top evenly with olives, tomato and pepperoni. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the oregano.
- With broad spatula, carefully slide pizzas onto grill. Cover grill; cook over medium heat 3 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is crisp. Slide pizzas back onto cookie sheets.
- These thin and crispy grilled pizzas will remind you of those served in restaurants equipped with wood-burning ovens.
- Instead of plain tortillas, try colorful, flavored flour tortillas. Check the grocery store deli or a Latin American market for spinach, herb, garlic or tomato tortillas.
- Assemble these pizzas on a rimless cookie sheet, and the pizzas will slide easily on and off the hot grill. If all your cookie sheets have rims, simply turn them upside down and assemble the pizzas on the underside.