Grilled Mahi Mahi Tacos
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus additional oil for brushing grill
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix (from 1-oz package)
- 4 skinless mahi mahi fillets (4 oz each)
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and the taco seasoning mix. Add fillets; turn to coat.
- Brush additional oil on grill racks. Place fillets on grill over medium heat. Cover; cook 5 minutes. Turn fillets; cook 5 to 8 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Divide cabbage among warm tortilla bowls. Using fork, break fillets into chunks, and divide among tortilla bowls. Top with pico de gallo, creamy salsa verde sauce, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Mahi mahi is a sturdy white fish that doesn’t fall apart easily, making it an excellent fish for grilling. It is widely available frozen in skinless 4- to 6-oz portions. If your portions are on the larger end, increase grill time by 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork (145°F in the thickest part of fillets). Thaw frozen fillets completely, and pat dry with paper towels before coating them in the seasoning mixture.
- If purchasing fresh mahi mahi, remove skin if present.
- For creamy toppings, add Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana or Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce to your Grilled Mahi Mahi Tacos recipe.
- Make your easy mahi mahi tacos a meal with heated Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans, cooked white rice and chips with salsa.
- What’s better than easy grilled fish tacos? Easy grilled fish tacos paired with a Key lime margarita!
- 2 Tacos Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 4g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 850mg; Potassium 610mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 24g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 8%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 3 Very Lean Meat; 3 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet