Grilled Mediterranean Vegetable Tacos
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch horizontal slices
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch horizontal slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 1/4 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 4 wedges
- 1 container (10 oz) classic chickpea hummus
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls, heated as directed on package
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large bowl, mix oil, salt and pepper. Add zucchini, squash, bell pepper and onion; gently turn to coat.
- Place vegetables in single layer on grill over medium heat (350°F to 400°F). Cover grill; cook 8 to 12 minutes, working in batches as necessary, turning once, until grill marks appear and vegetables are just crisp-tender. Set aside.
- Divide hummus among heated tortilla bowls; top with mixed greens, grilled vegetables and cheese. Top with tomato and basil.
- Cooking Vegetarian?: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Don’t cover grilled vegetables with foil to keep warm. The trapped steam will make them soft and soggy.
- If you have fewer than 8 pieces of bell pepper, after grilling, cut them again lengthwise to ensure each bowl has red bell pepper.
- Spinach can be substituted for mixed greens in this recipe.
1 Taco Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 730mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 5g); Protein 7g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 2 1/2 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5