Grill up something new and delicious! Layer cheese and tasty fillings between tortillas, and serve it all up in 30 minutes.
30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ fat-free refried beans (from 16-oz can)
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper, any color
- 1 small tomato, seeded, diced
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded taco-seasoned cheese blend (6 oz)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream, if desired
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Lightly spray one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. On unsprayed side of each of 4 tortillas, spread 1/4 cup beans. Sprinkle each evenly with 1/4 of the bell pepper, tomato, green chiles and cheese. Top each with remaining tortilla, sprayed side up; press down firmly.
- Place quesadillas on grill. Cover grill; cook over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until cheese is melted.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla into quarters. Serve with sour cream.
- Assemble these quesadillas on a large cookie sheet. The cookie sheet is convenient for transporting them to the grill. Use a broad pancake turner to turn the quesadillas.
- Assemble the quesadillas up to one hour in advance. Slide them into resealable food-storage plastic bags until you are ready to grill.
- To add more color and nutrients to these versatile quesadillas, add diced fresh vegetables or a scattering of leftover vegetables with the pepper and tomato.