Grilled Steak Fajita Bowls
Try a twist on the traditional fajita using Old El Paso® Stand 'N Stuff® soft shell tortillas! These 'bowls' make eating your Mexican creation even easier.
15 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 flank steak (2 to 3 lb)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ fajita seasoning mix
- 1 small onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- 1 Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- Make it FRESH toppings, if desired (see below)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Sprinkle steak generously with seasoning on both sides; press into steak.
- Place steak on direct heat of grill over medium heat; place vegetables (onion and bell peppers) on indirect heat of grill. Cover grill; cook 12 to 14 minutes for medium doneness. Remove from grill and let steak rest 10 minutes; cut into slices diagonally across the grain. Cut bell peppers into slices for serving.
- Spoon grilled steak and vegetables into tortillas. Serve with desired toppings.
- Flank steak is used in this recipe, but several other cuts of beef would work well. Both sirloin and top round would be delicious. Both can be purchased in 1-lb increments. Grill as directed in recipe, and let rest before slicing.
- Make it FRESH toppings ideas: diced avocado, fresh lime wedges, sour cream or crema.
NutritionCalories280(Calories from Fat70),Total Fat8g(Saturated Fat2 1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol85mgSodium460mgTotal Carbohydrate17g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars1g),Protein35g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C25%;Calcium2%;Iron20%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.