Grilled Steak Fajita Bowls
Prep 15 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
- 1 flank steak (2 to 3 lb)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ fajita seasoning mix
- 1 small onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- Make it FRESH toppings, if desired (see below)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Sprinkle steak generously with seasoning on both sides; press into steak.
- Place steak on direct heat of grill over medium heat; place vegetables (onion and bell peppers) on indirect heat of grill. Cover grill; cook 12 to 14 minutes for medium doneness. Remove from grill and let steak rest 10 minutes; cut into slices diagonally across the grain. Cut bell peppers into slices for serving.
- Spoon grilled steak and vegetables into tortillas. Serve with desired toppings.
- Flank steak is used in this recipe, but several other cuts of beef would work well. Both sirloin and top round would be delicious. Both can be purchased in 1-lb increments. Grill as directed in recipe, and let rest before slicing and adding to your steak fajita bowl.
- Make it FRESH toppings ideas: diced avocado, fresh lime wedges, sour cream or crema.
- You can use a red, white or yellow onion in this fajita steak bowl recipe.
- 1 Taco Bowl Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 460mg; Potassium 380mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 35g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 2%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet