Grilled Steak Fajita Tacos
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 1 Hours 30 Minutes
- 1 lb beef skirt steak
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 large red onion, cut in 3/4-inch thick wedges with root end intact
- 2 orange, yellow or red bell peppers, each cut into large (about 2 inches wide) planks
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Bowls (8 Count), removed from package and wrapped in heavy-duty foil
- Lime wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Combine steak with 2 tablespoons of the oil, the taco seasoning mix and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in large resealable food-storage plastic bag. Seal bag; turn to evenly coat. Place in refrigerator to marinate 45 minutes.
- Brush onion wedges and bell pepper planks with remaining tablespoon of oil; season with chili powder and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak and vegetables on grill over medium heat (350°F to 400°F); cover grill. Cook 9 to 11 minutes, turning once for medium doneness (135°F internal temperature) or until desired doneness. Grill vegetables 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until softened and lightly charred. Turn grill to low (250°F to 300°F). Transfer steak and vegetables to cutting board; let rest 10 minutes.
- Place wrapped bowls on low grill; heat 6 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Cut steak into thin strips across the grain, then cut strips into bite-size pieces. Toss with lime juice. Chop vegetables, discarding onion roots.
- Divide steak and vegetables among warm bowls. Serve with lime wedges and desired fresh toppings.
- Try these additional fresh toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, jalapeño or avocado.
- Cutting the steak in thin strips across the grain is the best way to enjoy skirt steak, especially when it's used in this steak fajita taco recipe.
- After you perfect your steak fajita tacos, try out a variation with this recipe for Grilled Chicken Fajita Bowls. Add Old El Paso™ Fajita Seasoning Mix for easy prep.
- An Old El Paso™ Fajita Dinner Kit makes this recipe for Easy Beef Fajitas so easy you'll be enjoying them in just 20 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 Serving Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 410mg; Potassium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 12g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 45%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet