Grilled Steak Tacos with Corn Salsa
Prep 40 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (4 oz)
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix oil and taco seasoning mix. Add steak. Seal bag; turn to evenly coat. If not grilling immediately, place in refrigerator to marinate, up to 2 hours.
- In medium bowl, mix corn, bell pepper and onion. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grill over medium heat (350°F to 400°F). Cover grill; cook 9 to 11 minutes, turning once, for medium-rare doneness (145°F internal temperature) or until desired doneness. Transfer steak to cutting board, and cover loosely with foil; let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut steak into thin strips across the grain; then cut strips into bite-size pieces.
- Divide spinach among heated taco shells. Top with steak and cheese. Spoon salsa over taco shells; top with avocado and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Use whatever kind of cooked corn you prefer. Canned, cooked frozen or cooked fresh corn all work well.
- Try these additional fresh toppings: sliced radishes, sour cream and sliced jalapeños.
- 1 Taco Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 330mg; Potassium 290mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 14g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet