Grilled Taco Nachos
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 35 Minutes
- 10 cups tortilla chips
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles, drained
- 4 teaspoons from 1 container (6.25 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped (1 1/3 cups)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 4 cups finely shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (1 pound)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Spray two 30x18-inch pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil with cooking spray. Spread tortilla chips on centers of foil pieces. Mix sausage, chilies and seasoning mix; spoon over tortilla chips. Top with tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Wrap foil securely around tortilla chips. Cover and grill foil packets, seam sides up, 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Pump up the flavor of these colorful nachos by using bulk chorizo sausage instead of the bulk pork sausage. Or try Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers instead of the Co-Jack.
- Serve these nifty nachos with sour cream and your favorite salsa.
- 1 Serving Calories 600 (Calories from Fat 395 ); Total Fat 44 g (Saturated Fat 19 g); Cholesterol 105 mg; Sodium 1430 mg; Potassium 430 mg; Total Carbohydrate 26 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g); Protein 28 g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 24%; Vitamin C 14%; Calcium 34%; Iron 16%
- Exchanges: 2 Starch; 3 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet