- 10 cups tortilla chips
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (4.5 ounces each) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 4 teaspoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-ounce package)
- 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped (1 1/3 cups)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 4 cups finely shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (1 pound)
Step 1 Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Spray two 30x18-inch pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil with cooking spray. Spread tortilla chips on centers of foil pieces. Mix sausage, chilies and seasoning mix; spoon over tortilla chips. Top with tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle with cheese.
Step 2 Wrap foil securely around tortilla chips. Cover and grill foil packets, seam sides up, 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
NutritionCalories600 (Calories from Fat395 ),Total Fat44 g(Saturated Fat19 g,),Cholesterol105 mgSodium1430 mgTotal Carbohydrate26 g(Dietary Fiber3 g),Protein28 g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A24%;Vitamin C14%;Calcium34%;Iron16%; Exchanges:2 Starch; 3 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsPump up the flavor of these colorful nachos by using bulk chorizo sausage instead of the bulk pork sausage. Or try Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers instead of the Co-Jack.
Serve these nifty nachos with sour cream and your favorite salsa.