Guacamole with Queso Fresco
15 Minutes Total
- 10 Servings
- 5 Avocados from Mexico™, pitted and peeled
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese (2 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped fresh red onion, if desired
- Tortilla chips, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except onion and chips, mashing avocados. Sprinkle with onion.
- Serve with chips.
- If you want to make a smaller batch of Guacamole with Queso Fresco, use the entire can of chiles, but use about half of each remaining ingredient.
- To keep guacamole from browning in the refrigerator, press plastic wrap directly onto its surface, preventing exposure to the air. Stir before serving.
- For a little heat, add one medium jalapeño or serrano pepper. Remove seeds and membranes from the pepper, finely chop, then stir the pepper into the dip. Or instead, thinly slice the pepper and place it on top of the dip.