Hearty Tortilla Soup
Prep 15 Minutes
Total Time 15 Minutes
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ diced green chiles
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 2 cups shredded deli-style rotisserie chicken
Make it FRESH toppings, as desired
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Diced avocado
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Recipe Continues Below
- In 4-quart Dutch oven or stockpot, add chicken broth, tomatoes, chiles and beans. Over medium heat, stir using spoon until beans are incorporated in liquid. Stir in chicken. Heat to simmering; cook about 5 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated.
- Portion into 8 bowls; top with crushed tortilla chips. Garnish with toppings.
- Using rotisserie chicken saves time, but you can swap in leftover cooked chicken or turkey instead.
- Add additional color and flavor to this filling tortilla soup by stirring in some cooked corn kernels or diced bell pepper.
- Like it hot? Top your Hearty Tortilla Soup with minced fresh serrano pepper or serve with your favorite hot sauce.
- 1 Serving Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 3 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 740mg; Potassium 180mg; Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 13g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet