Huevos Rancheros Tacos
Prep 35 Minutes
Total Time 35 Minutes
- 1 package (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘n Stuff taco shells
- 1 lb ground chorizo sausage
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans, heated
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see Expert Tips)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat taco shells as directed on package.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown. Stir in chiles. Continue to cook 1 to 2 minutes, sitting occasionally, until liquid evaporates. Transfer to bowl, and cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe out skillet.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat eggs and salt with fork or whisk until well mixed. Return skillet to medium heat; heat butter just until it begins to sizzle and look hot. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist and creamy.
- Spread 3 tablespoons heated refried beans in bottom of each taco shell. Spoon 1/4 cup chorizo mixture into each shell. Divide eggs evenly, about 1/4 cup each, over filling, then top with cheese. Serve immediately with FRESH toppings.
- Ideas for make it FRESH toppings: diced tomatoes, guacamole, chopped fresh cilantro
- Be sure to purchase raw chorizo. Bulk breakfast sausage makes a fine substitute as well.
- Like it hot? Top your taco with some chopped pickled jalapeños.
- 1 Taco Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 280); Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 14g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 205mg; Sodium 980mg; Potassium 250mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 21g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet