Huevos Rancheros Tacos
35 Minutes Total
- 10 Servings
- 1 package (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘n Stuff taco shells
- 1 lb ground chorizo sausage
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans, heated
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- Heat taco shells as directed on package.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown. Stir in chiles. Continue to cook 1 to 2 minutes, sitting occasionally, until liquid evaporates. Transfer to bowl, and cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe out skillet.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat eggs and salt with fork or whisk until well mixed. Return skillet to medium heat; heat butter just until it begins to sizzle and look hot. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist and creamy.
- Spread 3 tablespoons heated refried beans in bottom of each taco shell. Spoon 1/4 cup chorizo mixture into each shell. Divide eggs evenly, about 1/4 cup each, over filling, then top with cheese. Serve immediately with FRESH toppings.
- Ideas for make it FRESH toppings: diced tomatoes, guacamole, chopped fresh cilantro.
- Be sure to purchase raw chorizo. Bulk breakfast sausage makes a fine substitute as well.
- Like it hot? Top your taco with some chopped pickled jalapeños.
Calories430(Calories from Fat280),Total Fat31g(Saturated Fat14g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol205mgSodium980mgTotal Carbohydrate16g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars2g),Protein21g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A8%;Vitamin C4%;Calcium10%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.