Ice Cream Oreo Taco Bowls
Prep 25 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hours
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 8 Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, crushed (about 1 cup)
- 4 cups cookies & cream ice cream
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce, warmed
- 8 Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, whole
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly brush melted butter on all sides of each tortilla bowl.
- Place bowls on large cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until browned on edges and firm to the touch. Cool 15 minutes.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 60 to 90 seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Place 1/2 cup of the crushed cookies on plate. Hold baked bowls by the bottom, and dip each one into melted chocolate, covering top rim of bowl. Dip and roll top rim into crushed cookies to coat. Refrigerate bowls about 10 minutes or until coating is set.
- Fill each bowl with 2 scoops ice cream; drizzle with hot fudge sauce, and garnish with remaining crushed cookies sprinkled over ice cream and 1 whole cookie inserted upright into ice cream.
- We used cookies & cream ice cream in this recipe, but if you prefer chocolate or vanilla ice cream, feel free to make a substitution.
- If you like a little caramel with your chocolate, you can add a drizzle of warm caramel sauce along with the hot fudge.
- Crush cookies quickly and easily by placing them in a food-storage bag and pounding gently with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 1 Bowl Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 12g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 400mg; Potassium 260mg; Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 38g); Protein 6g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Milk; 3 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet