Impossible™ Burrito Bowls
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 1 Hours 50 Minutes
Pickled Onions and Jalapeño Chiles
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, thinly sliced
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ Seasoned Beef Burrito Bowl Kit
- Water and butter as called for on package
- 1 package (12 oz) Impossible™ Burger
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium bowl, beat 1/2 cup water, vinegar, sugar and salt with whisk until sugar and salt dissolve. Add red onion and chiles; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Drain before using.
- In 2-quart saucepan, add rice (from burrito bowl kit), and water and butter as called for on package. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook Impossible™ Burger over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until crumbles are browned and cooked through. Stir in 2/3 cup water and seasoning mix (from burrito bowl kit); heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 2 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide rice among 4 serving bowls. Top with Impossible Burger mixture, pickled onions and chiles, avocado, queso blanco sauce (from burrito bowl kit) and cilantro.
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Toasted pepitas are tasty added as a garnish to these Impossible™ Burrito Bowls.
- These pickled onions and jalapeños are a delicious topping for any of your favorite vegetarian burrito bowls or tacos.
- 1 Bowl Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 210); Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 10g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 1450mg; Potassium 970mg; Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 7g ,Sugars 6g); Protein 21g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 25%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet