Impossible™ Taco Bowls with Fresh Guacamole
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 25 Minutes
- 2 ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 oz) Impossible™ Burger
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ soft tortilla bowls, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
Recipe Continues Below
- In small bowl, stir together Guacamole ingredients. Set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook Impossible™ Burger over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until crumbles are browned and cooked through. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide taco filling among heated tortilla bowls; top with cheese, lettuce, guacamole and tomatoes.
- Red onion or cilantro would make a lovely garnish for these taco bowls.
- Lime wedges can be served on the side for an extra squeeze of acidity.
- If you like your guacamole spicy, just substitute serrano chile for the jalapeño in this recipe. If you like it even spicier, don’t seed the chile before chopping.
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- 1 Taco Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 8g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 690mg; Potassium 470mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 4g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 13g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 20%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet