Impossibly Easy Taco Pie Recipe
55 Minutes Total
- 6 Servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 package (1 ounce) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- Chopped tomatoes, if desired
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Old El Paso™ salsa (any variety), if desired
- Sour cream, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Cook ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in seasoning mix (dry). Spoon into pie plate; top with chilies.
- Stir milk, eggs and Bisquick mix until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Serve this dish with fresh pineapple chunks, vegetable sticks and tall glasses of lemonade for a refreshing meal.
- Try other toppings like sliced green onions, chopped black olives, guacamole or crushed corn chips.
- For a zippier flavor, chop a jalapeño chili and use it instead of the green chilies.
Calories305 (Calories from Fat170 ),Total Fat19 g(Saturated Fat8 g,),Cholesterol130 mgSodium630 mgTotal Carbohydrate13 g(Dietary Fiber1 g),Protein22 g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A18%;Vitamin C8%;Calcium20%;Iron12%; Exchanges:1 Starch; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.