Individual 7-Layer Dip Bowls
Prep 25 Minutes
Total Time 35 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (12 count) Old El Paso™ Mini Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans (from 16-oz can)
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1/3 cup Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (4 oz)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped plum (Roma) tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ Mild Taco Sauce
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly brush melted butter on all sides of tortilla bowls. Place bowls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned on edges and firm to the touch. Bowls will crisp as they cool. Remove to cooling rack to cool, about 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix refried beans and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix. Spread a heaping tablespoonful bean mixture in bottom of each cooled tortilla bowl. Spread crema over bean layer; top with a heaping tablespoonful of cheese.
- Top with avocado, tomatoes and green onions. Drizzle sauce over tops. Serve immediately. Store any remaining bowls in refrigerator.
- If you still want some crunch with your Individual 7-Layer Dip Bowls, serve with tortilla chips on the side.
- If you like to kick it up with a little more heat, top your Individual 7-Layer Dip bowls with Old El Paso™ Medium Taco Sauce.
- To dice avocado, cut in half, and remove pit. Using large spoon, scoop flesh from skin. Place one half avocado, cut side down, on cutting board. Make two horizontal cuts to make three planks, then cut lengthwise into strips. Turn 90 degrees, and cut again. Repeat with other half of avocado.
- 2 Mini Tortilla Bowls Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 9g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 600mg; Potassium 280mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 4g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 8g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 20%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 3 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet