Instant Pot™ Creamy Chipotle Chicken Pasta
1 Hours Total
- 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium poblano chile, seeded and coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 12 oz uncooked penne pasta (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chipotle chicken slow cooker seasoning mix
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
Recipe Continues Below
- On 6-quart Instant Pot™, select SAUTE; adjust to normal. Heat oil in insert. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper, poblano chile, onions and garlic; continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables just begin to soften. Select CANCEL.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, pasta and seasoning mix. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 7 minutes. Select CANCEL. Set pressure valve to VENTING to quick-release pressure.
- Stir in cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the cilantro until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, the Cotija cheese and green onions.