Layered Chicken Black Bean Enchiladas
Luscious layers of tortillas, chicken, cheese and sauce create a mouthwatering Mexican main course.
25 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 15 Minutes Total
- 2 cups chopped deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas (5 or 6 inch)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (6 oz)
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix chicken, cilantro, black beans and chiles.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce in bottom of baking dish. Place 4 tortillas over sauce, overlapping as necessary. Spoon half of the chicken mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Spoon half of the remaining enchilada sauce and half of the sour cream randomly over cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture, 1/2 cup cheese, the enchilada sauce and sour cream.
- Cover with foil. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Not a fan of black beans? Use a 15-ounce can of Progresso® pinto beans instead.
NutritionCalories440(Calories from Fat190),Total Fat21g(Saturated Fat11g,Trans Fat1/2g),Cholesterol90mgSodium730mgTotal Carbohydrate35g(Dietary Fiber5g Sugars5g),Protein28g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A15%;Vitamin C4%;Calcium35%;Iron15%; Exchanges:2 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.