Layered Guacamole Dip
30 Minutes Total
- 12 Servings
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Old El Paso™ sliced green jalapeños (from a jar)
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 3 large ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced plum (Roma) tomatoes (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup finely diced white onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Tortilla chips, as desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and taco seasoning mix. Spread on medium plate or in low bowl.
- In large bowl, mix avocados, green chiles, lime juice and salt. Spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with tomatoes, onion, jalapeños and queso fresco cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with chips.
- You can spread cream cheese mixture on platter, and prepare avocado mixture up to 4 hours ahead of time. Cover cream cheese mixture with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Place avocado mixture in plastic container; press plastic wrap down on mixture to prevent browning, and refrigerate until ready to assemble dip.
- For the prettiest chopped or diced tomato, remove seeds, and only use the flesh. To cut a plum tomato, slice off top and bottom 1/4 inch. Cut down side of tomato, and lay it flat. Cut seed packs away from flesh, and discard. Chop or dice tomato flesh.