- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 3 large ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced plum (Roma) tomatoes (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup finely diced white onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Old El Paso™ sliced green jalapeños (from a jar)
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Tortilla chips, as desired
Step 1: In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and taco seasoning mix. Spread on medium plate or in low bowl.
Step 2: In large bowl, mix avocados, green chiles, lime juice and salt. Spread over cream cheese mixture.
Step 3: Top with tomatoes, onion, jalapeños and queso fresco cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with chips.
You can spread cream cheese mixture on platter, and prepare avocado mixture up to 4 hours ahead of time. Cover cream cheese mixture with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Place avocado mixture in plastic container; press plastic wrap down on mixture to prevent browning, and refrigerate until ready to assemble dip.
For the prettiest chopped or diced tomato, remove seeds, and only use the flesh. To cut a plum tomato, slice off top and bottom 1/4 inch. Cut down side of tomato, and lay it flat. Cut seed packs away from flesh, and discard. Chop or dice tomato flesh.