Lime Margarita Bars
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 2 Hours 20 Minutes
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon clear orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix Crust ingredients with spoon until well mixed and looks like coarse crumbs. Press in ungreased 8-inch square pan, building up 1/2-inch edges.
- Bake crust 20 minutes; remove from oven. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 2 teaspoons of the lime zest, the lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt with whisk. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until filling barely jiggles when pan is gently shaken, and edges are deep golden brown. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon lime zest. For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
- If you like your margaritas with a full salt rim, try sprinkling a little flaky salt over the powdered sugar-topped Lime Margarita Bars.
- Fresh lime juice always gives any dessert the best flavor.
- Some orange-flavored liqueurs come in vibrant colors. For these margarita bars, we recommend choosing a brand that is clear in color.
- 1 Bar Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 140mg; Potassium 25mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 19g); Protein 2g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet