Prep 1 Hours
Total Time 2 Hours 5 Minutes
- 1 box (15.25 oz) Betty Crocker™ Delights Super Moist™ Lemon Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup gold tequila or water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 eggs
- 1 box (4-serving size) lime-flavored gelatin
- 2 containers (12 oz each) Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1 teaspoon electric green gel food color
- 1/4 cup coarse white sugar or white decorator sugar crystals
- 24 thin lime slices (about 3 limes)
- 24 cocktail umbrellas
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat all cupcake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 Minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, mix frosting and food color until blended. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle sugar on small plate; roll edges of cupcakes in sugar. Cut small slit in lime slices; twist and place on cupcakes. Poke 1 umbrella into each cupcake. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
- 1 Serving Calories 289 (Calories from Fat nc); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 3g ,Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol ncmg; Sodium 196mg; Potassium ncmg; Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars ncg); Protein 2g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; nc Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; nc Skim Milk; nc Milk; nc Vegetable; nc Very Lean Meat; nc Lean Meat; nc High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet