Memphis-Style Pulled Pork Mini Taco Bowls
Prep 35 Minutes
Total 8 Hours 30 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3 1/2 lb)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 bottle (18 oz) hickory brown sugar barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1/2 cups coleslaw mix (from 14-oz bag)
- 2 packages (5.1 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Mini Bowls (12 Count)
- 24 dill pickle slices
Recipe Continues Below
- In small bowl, mix salt, chili powder, cumin, onion powder and pepper. Sprinkle pork roast with spice mixture.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add roast to skillet; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until browned on all sides. Place roast in 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until roast is very tender.
- Remove roast to cutting board; discard liquid from slow cooker. In slow cooker, stir together 1/2 cup vinegar and the barbecue sauce. With 2 forks, shred roast. Return to slow cooker; stir gently to mix with sauce. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, sugar, 1 tablespoon vinegar, the relish, ground mustard and celery seed with whisk. Add coleslaw mix; stir until well coated.
- Heat bowls as directed on package. Scoop about 2 tablespoons warm pork into each bowl; top with 1 tablespoon slaw, and garnish with pickle slice.
- Leftover shredded pork can be stored two days in the refrigerator or up to two months in the freezer.
- Last-minute entertaining? Use your favorite prepared pulled pork and slaw in the Mini Taco Bowls™.
- 1 Serving Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 7g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 1110mg; Potassium 390mg; Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 21g); Protein 29g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet