Mexican Breakfast Skillet
Prep 30 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 small red potatoes, unpeeled, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped, seeded jalapeño chile
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup from 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo salsa
- 1/3 cup from 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with whisk. Add milk, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper; beat well. Set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper on potatoes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add chile and garlic; cook 30 to 60 seconds, stirring frequently, until softened.
- Reduce heat to medium; add egg mixture to skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes, scraping cooked eggs up from bottom of skillet occasionally, until mixture is firm but still moist.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and green onions. Top with cilantro and pico de gallo. Drizzle sauce over top.
- Serve your Mexican Breakfast Skillet with tortilla chips or Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas , or try drizzling Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce on top.
- Wear gloves when handling jalapeño, or any type of chile pepper, and remember not to touch your face or eyes. The seeds and membrane of the chiles can cause burns. Always wash your hands thoroughly after handling peppers.
- Want more kick? Serve this Mexican scramble with your favorite hot sauce.
- 1 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 250); Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 9g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 310mg; Sodium 830mg; Potassium 990mg; Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 4g ,Sugars 6g); Protein 20g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 30%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet