Mexican Chicken Bake
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 1 Hours
- 1 bag (11 oz) frozen corn & black beans with brown rice in a Southwestern style sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely shredded 2% milk reduced-fat Mexican style cheese blend (3 oz)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate or shallow small casserole with cooking spray. Cook rice mixture as directed on bag for minimum time. In large bowl, mix chicken, rice mixture and enchilada sauce. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the green onions, the cilantro and bell pepper. Spoon into pie plate.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with shredded lettuce, tomato and remaining green onions.
- You can prepare this Mexican casserole with chicken up to a day ahead—just cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. Then bake as directed, adding about 5 minutes to bake time to compensate for the refrigeration.
- Serve your Mexican chicken casserole with tortilla chips for dipping or as a topping.
- 1 Serving Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 620mg; Potassium 270mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 23g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 20%; Iron 6%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet